It is a shame that we breathe in a modernized society yet we fail to think or improve our parameters according to that. We do not question ourselves about why are we guilty. The way people will judge us have been the primary focus of our life since the day of our birth. We all are guilty without any reason. Made to move around, sit, talk and even act according to the requirements of what people might think about us. We simply can’t stop caring what people think.
There are several reasons why people need to stop doing this to themselves.
You need to stop caring what people think about you.
1. No One Cares:
Even when it seems hard to digest for you, know that you are not special for everyone. You are just not. Along the entire day, each of us thinks about what the other person might be thinking about us. How they might be judging us; but the reality is that they are thinking the same thing. They are also involved in this web, wondering what you might be thinking about them or on what basis you might be judging them.
We live in a smartphone-oriented era, where nobody is bothered by your existence. They rather enjoy their own private world through that tiny screen in their hands. And even when people do get time to speculate about something, they have a lot of thoughts about themselves and their personal life. They hardly have time to devote their thoughts to you. To sum it all up; no one cares at all.
2. You are not a People Pleaser:
Accept the fact that you are not a people pleaser. The society won’t approve all of your actions. There is a saying:
“Some people will see you walking on water and still say that you are walking on it because you don’t know how to swim.”
You cannot come up to everybody’s expectations; it is impossible. Every other person will judge you. You will be quite lucky if you find even one individual who does not judge you for every act of yours. Peek into the worst of what could happen if someone judges you; Nothing is going to happen, right? Your worrying about it is useless.
3. You are Going to Reap Whatever you Sow:
Science says that the way you think has a huge impact on the way you behave or whatever happens in your life. So basically, what you reap is what you will be showing in the end. Thus, the way you treat yourself is highly linked with the manner others are going to treat you.
This simply means that if you are a pushover, your life will be filled with such people. The type of human you are, you will be bringing in the same kind of people in your life as well. So if you don’t care about what people think about you or you don’t judge others as well, you will be automatically surrounded by exactly the same type of people also. If you judge people, you will be judged in return.
So how can you stop caring about what people think about you? Is there any cure?
• The first step is to know your values. Understand and feel whatever is important in your life and how much value does it hold. Also, know that what your aims are. This will automatically make others unimportant for you and you won’t pay any heed to what they are thinking about you.
• Once you are aware of whatever is important for you and your life, you need to indulge yourself in some activities. These activities must allow you to speak out your mind. You can take part in debates, blogging or anything that makes you feel lighter.
• You need to be sure that you allow confident and self-assured people in your life. Also, make sure that you don’t surround yourself with judgemental people. Keep negative minded people away. Even if it looks selfish, know that it is important for you.
You need to know that no one cares about you or what you are doing. Gossips aside, people will forget about it after some time. Be aware of the fact that everyone is not going to accept you or your actions. Be free from the fear of society.
Know where you belong and what your purpose in life is. Don’t let what other people think of you or the thought of what other people might be thinking affect your life. Stop walking around in this world with the fear of judgment. Don’t care for what people might be speculating about you. Don’t judge and if anyone judges you, don’t care about it. Once you are out of sight, you are out of their mind.